What's Up @ AEC This week
Scripture: “What is your name?” the Man asked. He replied, “Jacob.” 28 “Your name will no longer be Jacob,” the Man told him. “From now on you will be called Israel, because you have fought with God and with men and have won.” Genesis 32:27-28
Thought: Jacob had two basic parts to his life: 1. He knew about God 2. He knew God. His life before and after what transpired in the above passage was very different. When he knew about God, he lived pretty much only for himself, and would do whatever it took (lying, deceit, manipulation, etc.) to get ahead. His encounter with God on the banks of the Jabbok River, in the form of an all-night wrestling match, ending with a powerful name changing blessing, permanently changed his life! He went from being known as Jacob “the deceiver” to Israel (“Triumphant with God”). Do you know about God, through listening to sermons, reading the Bible and an occasional prayer with little to no change in your life or do you know God, through seeking to live for Him in His will each and every day? Knowing God and living for Him, putting Him first in your life, will change your life in powerful ways and cause you, in humility, begin to put others needs above your own too. Take the time right now to pray and seek to “Know God” and make a difference for His Kingdom! –Remember You are His, You are loved!
Prayer to Pray: Father, In the midst of all the recent chaos and upheaval, I desire to be used of You to be an instrument of Your peace and stability in my family and community. Use me to speak Your truth and comfort to those who are fearful or anxiety ridden. Help my life always to point to back to You, knowing that You are the unchanging Rock and stabilizing force in the midst of everything that is happening in our country and world right now. All praise honor and glory to you Jesus, Amen.
* MONDAY NIGHT LEADERSHIP/OVERSEERS MEETING. Monday, June 15th the Overseers will meet at 5:30pm. Then anyone with a leadership position in the church is asked to attend the Leadership meeting @ 7:00pm. We will pray and listen/dream for the Lord. All boards will then meet after our general opening in the sanctuary.
* LETTER FROM BOB BROWN. With the shuttering of Beartooth Christian Camp, I Bob Brown and family, are currently looking for a piece of land to purchase so we can move our modular house. Stillwater County is our home and we’d like to continue to be a part of our community. With great respect and humility, I’m reaching out for assistance.
I have been unable to locate a piece of land to purchase to meet our needs through realtors. We must move our home immediately. Could you please consider our real estate purchasing goals? If you or someone you know have a piece of property you’d like to sell, I’d really appreciate hearing from you.
• Property located in Stillwater County ideally between Absarokee & Columbus
• Rural land from 5 – 20 acres for 2 – 4 horses seasonally
• Power to the property
• Ability to install well or installed well, but access to water is negotiable
• Covenants with few restrictions allowing for our modular
• Prefer balanced landscape: grassland with trees
• Ability to maintain road in/out year-round for work commute
If you are considering selling, I can be reached at 328-6390. Thank you so much, Bob Brown
* VITALANT BLOOD DRIVE. June 20th Vitalant will be in AEC’s Fellowship Hall @10:30am to 1:30pm (ALL WALK-INS WELCOME BUT SCHEDULING AND APPOINTMENT ASSURES YOU WILL HAVE LESS WAIT TIME) to make things quicker you can also visit https://www.vitalant.org/health to fill our your Fast Track Health History Questioner. Doing so will save you twenty minutes at the Blood Drive Remember just 1 pint can SAVE 3 LIVE!
* ABSAROKEE LIBRARY SUMMER KIDS PROGRAM. The library is gearing up with stories, crafts, games and prizes for the kids this summer. They will be meeting on Thursdays from 10-11am, starting next Thursday, June 18th. Join us for the Fun!
* WOW VBS. WOW is a 4-episode, 4-day Virtual Bible Spectacular Event. This “Live Stream” broadcast event will feature different host from around the world, kidmin guest artist, and celebrity cameos. Kids and families will view a fun, engaging, interactive program of worship, Bible stories and teaching, magic, fun, games, and a presentation of the gospel message. Each 35-40-minute program is prerecorded in a “life event” style. WOW will be viewed live streamed on the FaithKidz Facebook and YouTube pages The WOW live stream event will be shared to host church pages who have in turn promoted and invited their community of kids and families to join their unique watch party on Facebook or YouTube.
* LaVie W/TIM TEBOW. LaVie is honored to have TIM TEBOW join our 30-year anniversary celebration. As a Christian athlete and a powerful advocate for life, Tim has an amazing, inspiring and triumphant life story that you won't want to miss!
Date: Thursday, October 1, 2020
Location: Faith Chapel Church - 517 Shiloh Road
Key Note Speaker: Tim Tebow
Time: 5:00pm - Tim Tebow meet and greet.
5:30pm - Doors open for heavy hors d’oeuvres/event ticket holders
6:30pm - Door open for event only ticket holders
7:00pm – Event begins in Faith Chapel’s sanctuary
For guaranteed and preferred seating, get your ticket(s) Before July 15th. You can read Tim’s complete bio and purchase tickets by visiting: https://www.itickets.com/events/441928
* 2020 Friend. At the beginning of this year we encouraged you to have a 2020 friend. The purpose of this is to have a close Christian friend of the same gender to keep you healthy in the Lord. The hope is that you will contact this person twice a month and ask these 2 simple questions:
1.) What are you doing to stay healthy – Spiritually, Emotionally, Physically & Mentally?
2.) How can I pray to help you stay healthy?
- Summer prayer meetings will be June 17, July 1 & 15 and August 5 & 19. Join us on Zoom these Wednesday nights @ 7pm. Just follow this zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/4066568747 ~ Zoom will walk you through the rest.
- June: Every Marriage Matters. God's Purpose for Marriage, by Jimmy Evans from Marriage Today.
- Sunday school @ 9:00-10:00AM
We will meet in our regular classrooms. We will observe social distancing and will clean and disinfect thoroughly per health safety guidelines.
Preschool 3-Kindergarten meets in the Little Rocky room, main floor. Teacher Mrs. Lori Langley
Grades 1-2 will meet in the Limestone room, upstairs. Teacher Mrs. Renee’ Huether
Grades 3-5 will meet in the Granite room, upstairs. Teacher Mrs. Diane Hamilton
Grades 6-12 Girls will meet in the Mystic room, upstairs. Teacher Mrs. Roseanna Lohof
Grades 6-12 Boys - will meet in the Beartooth room, upstairs. Teacher Paul Vorhes
The Adult class - will meet in the Yellowstone room, downstairs. Teacher Mrs. Debbie Seibert
There will be a grade restructure beginning in September 2020. Grades 1-3 will be combined; Grades 4-6 will be combined and 7-12 will be combined. Preschool will continue to be PreK-Kindergarten.
- Free Counseling. Help through pastoral & professional counseling is available. Please contact Nikki Mix @ 806.922.4358 for an appointment. These have been straining & difficult times; we are here for you.
- Prayer Room Online. Join us Wednesday evenings anytime between 7:00-7:40p.m. Praying together for the current crisis, revival, share prayer requests.
AEC YOUTH HAPPENINGS
JUNE 17th INVERSION IS BACK AT THE CHURCH!!! @6:43pm
AEC DURING COVID
- PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES:
Avoid Handshakes or Hugs, a big smile is a great welcome.
Social distancing. Every other row will be available, and we must be 6 feet apart from family units i.e. 4 seats apart.
Overflow seating to accommodate "Social Distancing" will be in the church lobby & gym if needed.
Those 60 and over are encouraged to wear a mask.
There will be no coffee or hot water served this Sunday.
Sanctuary will be sanitized before Worship Service.
Watch the service 2 ways i.e. live & posted recording. “Live” at 10:30 using Facebook Live … Absarokee Evangelical Church FACEBOOK page. Also, sermons can be watched Sunday afternoon on the church website @ “Sermons” section.
Offerings will be taken using the offering box in church lobby. You may also use “On-line Giving” via: absarokeechurch.org
NOTE: We completely understand if you decide not to attend AEC in person. You may not feel comfortable returning to AEC & want to give it some additional time. We understand, No problem, We love you! Some may wear masks to church and some may not … no problem, please respect each other’s concerns & choices. Wear a mask if you wish. Free masks will be provided for in the Lobby. We Love You! Praise the Lord we’re gathering once again as the Body of Christ face to face. Thanks for your Prayers & Patience.
No Children’s Church or Nursery: Until further notice.
Church Office Hours: Monday-Thursday the church office will be open from 10:00am – 3:00pm. However, call us any time if we can help you: Werner 406.259.6680, Ralph 406.333.6050, Nikki 806.922.4358
~ Faith over Fear~